Nonin Medical Launches Low Power Xpod®, Model 3012LP, OEM Pulse Oximeter Globally
Nonin Medical, Inc., the inventor of the world’s first low-power pulse oximeter for OEM and a leader in noninvasive physiological monitoring, announced the worldwide launch of its low power Xpod®, Model 3012LP, OEM Pulse Oximeter for medical monitoring manufacturers.
"Nonin Medical is pleased that our new low-power, externally wired pulse oximeter will provide a new level of versatility to help our OEM customers develop even smaller, lighter, and more portable medical monitoring systems,” said Kevin McGowan, Vice President-Sales, Nonin Medical. “The Xpod®, Model 3012LP consumes half of the power of our first-generation Xpod, while delivering the accuracy, reliability and ease of integration that OEM customers have come to expect from Nonin. The new Xpod, Model 3012LP also features a low noise voltage regulator designed to reduce noise coming from the power supply and ensure high performance and accurate readings, even in challenging conditions.”
Nonin Medical’s Xpod family provides an easy way to add pulse oximetry as an optional parameter to medical monitoring device manufacturers’ new or existing medical devices. The Xpod saves space inside the monitor by attaching the oximeter externally—enabling medical device manufacturers to choose a sensor for any patient application.
The Xpod, Model 3012LP interfaces with Nonin's PureLight® disposable and reusable sensors and offers multiple data formats to meet the varied needs of customers’ OEM oximetry applications.
Key product enhancements include:
- Lower Power Draw: From hospital telemetry, to portable sleep recording devices, to portable ventilation, the new Xpod, Model 3012LP draws about 50 percent less power than Nonin’s original Xpod, Model 3012
- Expanded Input Voltage Range: The new Xpod 3012LP is capable of operating with broader voltage range of 1 to 5.5V, making it ideal for today’s portable and battery operated devices
- Early Compliance to New Lead-Free Standard: Completely compliant with ROHS standards
- Enhanced Safety Design: Meets IP33 water ingress standards
- High Resolution PPG Pulse Waveform: Features a high resolution pulse waveform, ideal for PPG signal analysis applications
- Selectable Data Formats: Expanded data formats can be selected by an external resistor or software command; the host device simply chooses the desired data format to meet product needs
- New Mini-12 Standard Connector Offering: To save developers time, Nonin has done the engineering work and now offers a reliable, low-profile, cost-effective standard connector
Nonin Medical, Inc. invented the finger pulse oximeter (the original Onyx® brand) and designs and manufactures noninvasive medical monitoring solutions that meet customers’ technology needs today and tomorrow. Headquartered in Plymouth, Minn., USA, with an additional customer service center in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Nonin Medical sells its pulse and regional oximeters, capnographs, sensors and software to health professionals and consumers in more than 125 countries. The company has more than 300 OEM partners worldwide. For more information, visit nonin.com.